Progress

by jen on April 7, 2010

Sometimes you just all of a sudden realize you might be OK again:

Your apartment is clean.

Your rent check is mailed.

You watered some plants.

You went to the gym (or in my case, pilates, and you started running again).

And you went to visit your sister Penny in the rain-sodden city of San Francisco.

Steps in the Outer Richmond

Things aren’t perfect yet.

But you ate some octupus, one of your favorites.*

Fried Octupus at Rumble Fish in Outer Richmond

And you’ve been reading a lot of books from the library, which you’ve been returning on time.

Reading with Fred & Ethel

And you’ve got Coachella to which to look forward.

Fingers crossed the pattern holds.

*Please do not post preachy/mean comments about octupus to me, ye who posted a preachy comment about foie gras. I only eat at restaurants that serve ethical foie gras, bitches, and to be frank, even if I didn’t, I do not post preachy/mean comments on anyone’s blog ever (that I can remember. If I have, I am very sorry and retract them and feel free to remonstrate me). So I don’t see why you need to pollute mine with one. I have never deleted a comment to date, but I can!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Doober April 7, 2010 at 6:40 am

Its been a while since I had any good seafood, the octopus looks good.

Christine April 7, 2010 at 9:32 am

Do people get preachy about octopus? I just think it’s delicious.

Progress is good. :)

Julie C April 7, 2010 at 11:10 am

Fred and Ethel are looking sleek! Glad you’re making progress, Jen!

Natalie April 9, 2010 at 1:27 pm

ewwww octopus. Nothing wrong with eating eat it though! :) It is just one of those things that freaks me out. Kind of like jello. :)

Diane April 10, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Here, here! And the mention of octopus makes me salivate – yummy little creatures. Not to mention foie gras, which is probably what they meant in Greek mythology when they mentioned ambrosia.

The pics are lovely.

Anonymous April 14, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Glad you care enough to limit yourself to “ethical” foie gras, but if this is a concern, you may wish to check with the Humane Society (or some other group) regarding the realities of this. From what I’ve learned, “ethical” foie gras is an expensive, limited product that is produced by a few farmers in Spain who let their geese fatten naturally rather than through force feeding with a metal tube. There have been many allegations of restaurants in the US serving the same foie gras they have always served and mislabeling it as “ethical” or wholesalers lying about the origin of the item.

Bobbie Lynn April 19, 2010 at 10:53 am

hahhaaha, how come the preachy b***ches or b*****d (whichever the case is) has to post Anonymous hummmm…. I will be preachy that ewww octopus… I know likey… so well MORE FOR YOU!!! :)