Reality…

by jen on July 18, 2007

Set in for me this evening.

Five more days.

And maybe I should be panicked? But really I am so f&*king grateful.

I was watching Top Chef tonight, watching them trudge in for another day of challenges, and I was like, holy crap! That is me. With the trudging. Only instead of trudging in to face Padme, Gail, Tom & some random chef nitpicking me to death, it’s the sample student answers for the California Bar Exam. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE, with their 75 and 85 scores? Not me, that’s who.

It sucks that the Top Chef contestants leave their families and friends and whatnot for however many weeks to hang out in a plush Fountainbleu suite, but DUDE, I have abandoned my friends and family for the last 8 weeks to hang out in my apartment and go STIR-F&*^CKING-CRAZY. Now I understand the whole Cliff shaving Marcel’s head thing. After so long with one routine, one location, you just go batshit.

Which is where I am.

I just can’t wait for this to be over. Yesterday I was so starved for sugar, caffeine, anything to keep me awake as I trudged through Community Property one more g-dforesaken time that I drank a bottled caramel frappaccino dated Feb. 2007.

Also, my kitchen is a living, breathing health code violation. My hair is so long I am almost one of those people who you’re like, “Wow, they have really long hair and I wonder if perhaps they live in a yurt.”

PLEASE LET THIS BE OVER.

But! I cannot leave on such a horrible, downtrodden note. So I will tell you that I have (finally) made all of our reservations for Brazil and Argentina, which includes some time in Argentinian wine country, some time with the pirhanas in the Amazon, and who the hell cares what else because it at least does not involve “reasonableness” of any kind, variety, species, type, sort, genus, etc.!!!!

I HATE YOU REASONABLENESS.

If you are a lawyer, law student, you will understand my hate for reasonableness.

Otherwise, you will think I am batshit crazy.

Which is closer to the truth.

To reality.

And whatnot.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Kaitie Tee July 19, 2007 at 5:36 am

You’re entire post was completely reasonable in my view. We are probably reasonable bar exam takers.

Seriously, screw.the.bar. I want to be done. I don’t even care anymore if I fail.

SpaceCase July 19, 2007 at 7:13 am

I thought defending my thesis was bad – yikes. Hang in there, and we’ll all envy you when you’re done and hanging out in Argentina. Have fun!

-R- July 19, 2007 at 7:45 am

Just keep thinking about South America, and you will make it through this! I just pray that you do not turn into the girl who sat in front of me during the bar exam who raised her hand every 10 minutes to ask the proctor for scratch paper. Scratch paper was not allowed the last 5 times you asked, and it is not allowed now! STOP ASKING! Do not become that crazy, and you will be fine.

carolyn July 19, 2007 at 8:51 am

it will be over very very soon!!!!!!!!!!! yay for travel plans!

Jennifer July 19, 2007 at 12:36 pm

I raan into your blog and this perfect post — I know exactly what you mean. We are all living in the same hell. This studying has been so bitterly awful. And I totally agree with you about the good answers — how the hell did those people remember those rules so coherently? Screw ‘em.

By next Thursday night I will be sitting in front of a slot machine, beer in hand, in Vegas, reasonableness left trailing behind me along the I-15. :-)

Wishing you (and all of us) as much sanity as possible here in the last few days.

Librarian Girl July 19, 2007 at 3:56 pm

With your Cliff-ish feelings and your too long hair, maybe you should tackle YOURSELF and shave your head. Like, be Cliff AND Marcel all at once. I know. I am a genius who should be studied.

Reasonableness sounds heinous.

jonniker July 19, 2007 at 8:51 pm

Please don’t shave anyone’s head. Especially not Ethel’s.

rg July 20, 2007 at 8:17 am

Good luck! Just remember your ID! (I had to drive my sister’s ID to her when she took the bar exam, since she’d forgotten it.) I could smell the tension in the building. You’ll do great! (Think Argentinian wine country anytime you get too stressed!)

Dagny July 20, 2007 at 8:43 am

Of course the bar will be just fine. I’m counting on it since my mother is back in town currently.

Just keep thinking happy thoughts about your trip.

Christine July 20, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Love you, sister in the madness!

Jesus, in one week this will all be OVER! Woohoo! also, OHMYGOD.