%*#@$ Finally!

by jen on November 8, 2005

OK, that Knittin’ and Other Krafty Krap category has been haunting me for what feels like YEARS, YEARS! And nothing. Because I have been working on the same freaking scarf since 1992. OK, since August, but you know what I mean. But! FINALLY!

Above is Katie’s (um, an Aries) birthday scarf, which she will most likely get as a Christmas present because I am po’.

And because Fred is responsible for much of the cat hair lovingly interweaved throughout, here is another pic.

Isn’t he GINORMOUS? I swear he as long as my leg.

In other scary news, here are some pics from Halloween, further evidence that I de-ho‘d my outfit. And before you ask, my Globo Gym partner there is a purely platonic one. And also before you ask, I have no idea why the photographer believed a shovel went with my construction worker outfit.

And in other knitting news, I finally met Carolyn! Who is just as funny and charming and pretty and girly as one might expect from her blog. And p.s. Carolyn, I owe you an e-mail but school has been kicking my butt. Over brunch her friend told us how she has been experiencing role reversal with her current beau — HIS unreturned phone calls, HIS fruitless attempts to smooth things over after emotional outbursts, etc. And HER immediate impulse to pull away. Seriously disturbing to understand how boys typically feel. Yikes!

carolyn November 9, 2005 at 4:44 am

merci pour le compliment. tu es trop sympathique.

i’ve been wondering where you were, slackass. :) just teasin’…. fred is one fricking ginormous (that is the best word) cat! holy crap! i had no idea!!!

p.s. pretty scarf! i’m sure she will love her birthday/christmas present!!

carolyn (again) November 9, 2005 at 4:45 am

p.s. i am down with the shovel… oh and

p.p.s. that beau was such a LOSER at the party saturday night. she dumped his sorry ass on monday, only one day later than planned! :)

Jenny November 9, 2005 at 7:57 am

GREAT costume! the scarf looks fantastic, and your cat is GINORMOUS.

Dagny November 9, 2005 at 9:05 am

I had been wondering about that knitting category. I kept asking myself, “Are you sure she really knits?” Congrats on finishing the scarf. Lovely color.

I’m not sure about the shovel but in some ways it works. Your costume shows the difference between us. I would have taken every opportunity to hoochify it. I figure Halloween is about the only time you can look like a ho without anyone actually calling you one.

What is the next knitting project?

Gloria November 9, 2005 at 9:19 am

The scarf looks great finished! I really like the colour.

And Fred is gigantic. He also looks really really happy to be held up like that.

And that guy in the picture – is that his real hair, all bouffanty like that?

laurie November 9, 2005 at 10:24 am

YOU FINISHED IT!! It looks awesome!

I am soooo glad you finally did the Fred The Huge shot, because people need to really get an understanding of the madness that is King Fred. So funny!

laurie November 9, 2005 at 10:25 am

P.S. Your costume is too cute!

cant_talk_knitting November 9, 2005 at 10:53 am

you’re just rockin’ it old school with that shovel — you know, before the jack hammer was invented and all.

I love that you were the Witch of Blackbird Pond — I’d forgotten all about that book!

Urs November 9, 2005 at 11:02 am

You look fabulous, as does the scarf, as does your big ass cat. I can’t wait to see you in person this weekend! I have some new ideas of things to do…

jen November 9, 2005 at 12:49 pm

Carolyn– You remind me I have a lot of progress to go on my french before March!

Jenny — My costume has nothing on yours, Miss Texas!

Dagny– I think I am going to make some dish cloths so I can learn to purl. And also since they are small, since I won’t go insane like I did with this scarf.

Gloria–
It’s a wig, thank goodness! Can you imagine?

Laurie–
I know, I took your advice!

CTK–
That was one of my favorite books in 2nd grade, that and The Sign of the Beaver, one of her other books.

Urs–
This sounds intriguing! I am up for whatever you come up with!

Gwen November 9, 2005 at 1:29 pm

Hooray! The scarf is done! Congratulations!

Jeff November 9, 2005 at 7:19 pm

For all those that may yet doubt that ginormousnessness… ess of Fred, I can also attest to it. The enormity. Ess.

Anyway, that’s also a killer, David Lynchian sort of shot there. Sort of ‘Best of Leonard Cohen’ meets Jen and her cat. Kinda. It’s underexposed/overdeveloped but digital at the same time. Neat.

ddj November 9, 2005 at 8:09 pm

Dear, I hate to be the one to tell you, but that’s not a housecat. You’ve adopted a panther.

Those are two awesome costumes!

Dagny November 9, 2005 at 9:30 pm

I showed the pic of Fred to Boris and Natasha. They are extremely frightened.